Select one of the following categories to start browsing the latest GTA 5 PC mods:
@MasterD Thanks mate. I appreciate your great work. :)
5. The spawned vehicle is not marked as persistent and gets disposed by the game when I enter another vehicle and move away.
@Alex106 You asked whether to unpublish until it's fixed. Well, I am no moderator or admin and as long as none of them tells you to do so it's your personal decision. All I can say is, I would unpublish it. One guy complained in the comment section of my VAutodrive mod that the game crashes when he leaves the configuration menu. By looking at his log files I found out it was OnlineInteriors responsible for this crash. You understand it's not good when something like this happens. The issue was gone once he uninstalled OnlineInteriors.
@Alex106 Thanks for the reply. As you are still learning, here's a tip: Only put those things in a per-frame-tick eventhandler (no interval set) which really need to be updated each frame. Use a separate script class for this. Every other functionality which needs to be updated dynamically is to be placed in tick eventhandlers with an appropriate tick interval. Let's take the spawning distance for example. Maybe you remember I suggested to NOT always have all the props and interiors spawned at all time due to memory bloating. Query the player's distance to your objects and only spawn those in vicinity. An interval between 250 and 500 ms is sufficient for this purpose (run tests to see what's the best choice).
Other than that I highly recommend you learn about structured programming. Just for a start, what classes and methods are supposed to be good for (catchwords: maintainability, extensibility). Please don't be frustrated. We all have been beginners at one point in time. :)
@MasterD Forget #3. I guess your mod crashed because I did a shvdn reset inside the hangar as I didn't know how else to get out of the mess after some brute force actions at that time. :)
Unfortunately I faced another glitch:
4. I enter the Tula inside the hangar, I press W to teleport outside and it either is stuck halfway in the ground or it is even flipped nose down. Do you use the ToGround method for the target Z-value and the PlaceOnGround method for proper placement?
@xieruiming An interval of 1 means 1 millisecond! 60 FPS means an interval of about 17ms but this is way too short for all the things this mod tries to do in that time. 1ms is even worse of course. You should see the code. Managing everything dynamic in a fast tick eventhandler is a bad idea. Only things that need to be rendered each frame should go in a tick eventhandler with such a short interval. It not only drops FPS but also can cause unexpected behavior of other mods with time critical actions and even crash the whole game.
@meimeiriver Yes! I just wanted to add to your comment, the ESC-key can be used with such menus. I use NativeUI with my VAutodrive mod and you can leave the menu with ESC. Maybe the reason why it works in my mod is the fact that it pauses the game right before the menu opens. Frankly I am not sure as I didn't know this could be a problem. LOL
@MasterD unfortunately I have to report some bugs:
1. the ESC-key doesn't close the "Manage Aircraft" menu but opens the game menu instead. So once I am in that menu there is no way to get out. Maybe this issue is gone if you pause the game before the menu opens but probably it's because I use NativeUI with my mods. I am not sure. This has never been a problem for me.
2. I tried the hangar style menu and that works well. I just need to walk out of the marker. I then tried the same trick with the "Manage Aircraft" marker. It worked also after a while (I couldn't see the character and so I was walking blindly) but then the hangar style menu popped up again which shouldn't happen at that state.
3. After doing 2 ALL markers where gone! I went to the location where the EXIT marker was but I couldn't get out of the hangar anymore.
Please let me tell you it's not my intention to get on your nerves. I love this mod and I want it to function properly. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother to write such a report. :)
@MasterD I love it and this mod made it on my "must have" list! :D
I am not kidding.
@Alex106 I see you still haven't fixed that issue I told you about quite a while ago. The code still executes everything in huge Tick event handlers with no interval set. This is a framerate killer and makes the game unstable!